LCI offers an intensive English language course especially designed for bishops and Church officials from Central & Eastern Europe each year in September. The course includes:
- classroom and individual instruction with an emphasis on communication
- multi-level (elementary, intermediate, advanced)
- appropriate vocabulary, dialogues, readings, etc., relevant to specific ecclesiastical needs
- additional activities in English, outside the classroom, to supplement the learning: Mass, Morning and Evening Prayer, Rosary, Akathist, Divine Mercy Chaplet, evening lectures and colloquia
- cultural excursions and pilgrimages to nearby shrines such as Mariazell
Since 2014, 52 bishops, clergy, seminarians and lay secretaries have participated in the course.
“This English course is a real contribution to the formation of Eastern Europe’s clergy, allowing us to connect with the wider community and to better carry out our mission of evangelization in Europe.” – Bishop Ottavio Vitale, Bishop of Lezhe (Albania)